BEFORE CONSIDERING SUBMITTING PLEASE BE SURE TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH OUR CONTENT, AESTHETIC AND VISION.
YOU CAN PURCHASE OUR CURRENT ISSUE HERE
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are currently looking for original narratives and poetry that focus on the theme of “CHOICE”. Submitted work can be about life lessons learned, slowing down, what choice means when your identity is in Christ and how the society is currently abusing the freedom of choice God has given us? Written submissions can include accompanying photography, but we will also pair writers up with photographers if necessary.
- Picture submissions should capture the soothing and slow style of OBAAHIMA: kingdom woman. They should depict simple moments, bits of coziness, joy, peace, etc. We’re always looking for photographs of women reading, writing, sipping coffee, in deep thought, and having fun. Photography can be submitted on its own and will be considered for use with narratives or as the background for the scrapbooking session and other features throughout the journal and our website.
- We love food, food, food, food, the original the recipes are the better. We are looking for healthy and easy to prepare meals that the whole family can enjoy and make them part of their regular special menu.
- We are currently looking for Bible study on the topic of CHOICE. Submit scripture verses on the theme of choice that focuses on the wisdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We love journaling? Writing to pour out some of your thoughts can be so therapeutic and inspiring. They’re also fun to read! A few ideas include a poem you wrote to yourself... Lessons I've learnt so far in life about community, the good, the bad and the ugly choices you've made in your life. Things you would like to tell your younger self. Write to your heart contentment and soul purifying.
- OUR community is thriving thanks to everyone that is supporting us on Instagram and offline. We began thanks to the gathering that was happening on IG. It's also the platform which turns nobody into somebody and it seems to be still a great place to virtual gather. We want to hear from our readers the friendships that they have formed thanks to this app. We want to hear thr pros and the cons of this social media network. All you need to do is send 5 images that you feel capture your Instagram and a statement about what GATHER means and looks to you. If selected, you will need to provide high-resolution images that can be printed at 5″ x 5″, 300 dpi.
CONSIDER PITCHING FOR OUR OTHER PLATFORMS
- As we only publish the print magazine twice a year, it is worth considering contributing to our other ongoing platforms, so that we can work together regularly. We plan to post on the our blog twice a week, so there are lots of opportunities to write guest posts. We currently don't offer any fee for blog posts, but it is a good idea to start with this, as it helps for us to get to know your work, and we are then more likely to be comfortable commissioning you for the magazine.
FOLLOW AND ENGAGE ON SOCIAL
- It REALLY helps to engage socially first as we will then potentially know of you and your work before you get in touch. This is absolutely not mandatory, and you certainly won't get priority this way, but it is definitely nice to engage and chat like this. You can find us on Instagram